NFL Blitz is back

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Josh

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Josh » October 19th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Have any of you seen this:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/hands-on-nfl-blitz/

I actually have never played Blitz but I do love NBA Jam. I don't care for reality sports games like Madden but I do love football and arcade action. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it.

Luke

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Luke » October 19th, 2011, 2:52 pm

This is good news. I hope NHL Hitz is next!

Blueguy1

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Blueguy1 » October 19th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Considering the EA NBA Jam is fantastic, I'm psyched! I love the N64 Blitz, and I can't wait to get this game!

JWK1

NFL Blitz is back

Postby JWK1 » October 19th, 2011, 10:07 pm

I also saw this and I'm intrigued.  Like Josh, i couldn't care less about sports sim games, but I love arcade sports games.  NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, NHL Hitz, and the Bigs are all classics.  This should be awesome.  Any word on digital or physical release?

Josh

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Josh » October 19th, 2011, 10:45 pm

It looks like it will only be available on XBLA and PSN. I would prefer a disc release but oh well.

Blueguy1

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Blueguy1 » October 20th, 2011, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=Josh]

It looks like it will only be available on XBLA and PSN. I would prefer a disc release but oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Luke

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Luke » October 21st, 2011, 2:30 am

[QUOTE=Josh]It looks like it will only be available on XBLA and PSN. I would prefer a disc release but oh well.
[/QUOTE]Honestly, I think this is the best way to go. A lot of people complained about the $50 price tag on NBA Jam (PS3/360/Wii). Then they released the "On Fire Edition" for $15 on XBLA/PSN and it's doing extremely well and nobody is complaining about the price.

There was also a "Madden Arcade" game that was released only on XBLA/PSN not too long ago, as well.

So it seems this is the best way to distribute these arcade-style games nowadays. Because apparently, the general public are only happy paying full price for their yearly simulation games with all their extra franchise modes and whatnot?

I dunno. It used to annoy me that these games weren't on disc, but it doesn't bother me anymore. Just as long as I can play them without bring online then I don't care. I have a 250GB hard drive... I may as well use it!

Josh

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Josh » October 21st, 2011, 8:55 am

It used to bother me too but it looks like this is going to be the only way that we get games like this. I'll probably be upgrading to a 250 HD soon but I'm still wary of downloads. I make sure and play the trials now.

At retail, there is mostly the extremes of dumbed down Nintendo games aimed at children or AAA shooters for the HD twins filled with blood, gore, profanity, and violence. I don't even care to go down the video game aisles anymore.

The download scene is about the only refuge for those who loved the SNES/Genesis days.

Josh

NFL Blitz is back

Postby Josh » October 21st, 2011, 9:21 am

Check out this trailer and article: http://www.gamesradar.com/nfl-blitz-first-screens-trailer-and-interview-ea-sports/

It has zombies and what looks like a Big Foot . . . dude.

Return to “Modern Gaming”