Splatterhouse 2010

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Oltobaz1

Splatterhouse 2010

Postby Oltobaz1 » December 24th, 2011, 1:20 pm

To JWK/JustLikeHeaven : 

I have no doubt JWK meant no offense to anyone who might have enjoyed this game. I just meant to bring some balance, as I had a very good experience with this one. Regarding the gameplay mechanics, I'll just say I found the fighting action very satisfying, and I guess the whole atmosphere -coarse language from the Mask, hemoglobine galore, gross, strange monsters...- definitely played its part as well. As for the platforming aspect, granted, I didn't find it groundbreaking, but I didn't mind it either, and, honestly, didn't find the controls to be faulty. Finally, as I've always been fond of saying, there's no accounting for taste, and I understand how the atmosphere I described up there would turn many people off. This is what I meant when I said I found the game great for the very reason others may actually hate it, I really enjoyed this aspect of the game.

Chaz1

Splatterhouse 2010

Postby Chaz1 » December 26th, 2011, 12:14 am

I just purchased Splatterhouse a few days ago and I really don't think its that bad.  I've played through worse games.  But to be completely honest I did buy it MOSTLY for the ability to unlock the original three titles.

Irenicus1

Splatterhouse 2010

Postby Irenicus1 » June 19th, 2012, 2:54 am

I'm playing the game now. It focuses too much on violence & gore. It fails to have the horror, charm or originality of the old games.

I just unlocked the original Splatterhouse. It wasn't exactly a chore, but it wasn't all that much fun either. I just started to play the game on mute. I think the game is much better without that obnoxious "guide" & the metal music.

The graphics are pretty weak on the Xbox 360. The enemies seem like just fleshbags for you to beat on. Some originality or maybe some effort in character designs would've helped. Blood doesn't even look real, backgrounds are bland & the characters have that cell-shading style to them that I don't like.

Collision detection in fighting is ok. It gets pretty boring quick though. Lame monsters that burst into blood bags over & over again. There are alot of controls, more than I want to bother learning. Maybe if I loved this game I woudn't mind learning all the controls, but really...... I just want to move to the next checkpoint.

Controls for movement & jumping are not as good. Actually they may not be so bad. Maybe I'm just in such a hurry to get to the next checkpoint that I'm not taking my time.  

The game is not ez for me. I died several times trying to run from that spiked wall that was comming after me. After you die the game takes awhile to load. That doesn't help.

I think I had enough of this game after unlocking the original Splatterhouse. Problem is that I want to unlock Splatterhouse 2 & 3. If the game gets harder I don't know if I'll have the patience for it. I really loved playing the unlocked original Splatterhouse arcade version. The only version I had played before was the Turbo Grafx 16 one & that was 15 years ago.

Return to “Modern Gaming”