Halo 4

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 13th, 2012, 12:15 pm

[QUOTE=a]Anyone else seeing issues with multiplayer? I've had it happen a few times now where I couldn't back out of a game mode by pressing B even before a match had been set up. And just now, after a round, the game just sat on the loading screen for a new round and I couldn't back out or do anything. The only solution was to quit out of the game entirely and start back up. Hopefully, these issues are settled soon.[/QUOTE]

I had an issue where Spartan Ops wouldn't consider itself complete even though all of the enemies were removed.  Everyone had to quit out on their own.  

Clicking Waypoint within the game black screens.  The solution is to delete Waypoint and redownload it.

For me the daily cap limit for XP is annoying as hell.  I spent a lot of time banking up double XP codes so I could unlock everything as efficiently as possible.  If you have the double XP codes from Mtn Dew you'll hit the daily cap playing Spartan Ops fairly quickly.  

I just flip over to the campaign and start working my way through Legendary, but it's annoying.  

We're getting a puppy in a week and I'm pretty sure my play time will be cut down to grind on stuff for unlocking content.  I'd have preferred game play wise everything be available from the start.

Blueguy1

Halo 4

Postby Blueguy1 » November 13th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Played online multiplayer with my college friends yesterday, and we can all agree it's awesome. The only "problem" I see with the online multiplayer is that it's harder to kill people, but that's always been the case. I did notice that grenades aren't as effective, but I love how you can get assist points even when you got killed by a foe you've been trying to kill. I've averaged at least 5 kills a game, and honestly look forward to playing more of the multiplayer again.

My friend Arlington says this kicks the crap out of Halo Reach, and though I love Reach a lot (one of the finest FPS games ever), I probably have to agree with him. Genius game that deserves all the praise in the world it gets.

ActRaiser1

Halo 4

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 15th, 2012, 1:43 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy]Played online multiplayer with my college friends yesterday, and we can all agree it's awesome. The only "problem" I see with the online multiplayer is that it's harder to kill people, but that's always been the case. I did notice that grenades aren't as effective, but I love how you can get assist points even when you got killed by a foe you've been trying to kill. [/QUOTE]

I've noticed it takes 5 shots to kill someone counting the head shot kill.  My problem is my aim sucks and takes 6 or 7 shots to actually hit.  When it's laggy things go out the window and half my shots don't register.  I did find a work around - use the Assault Rifle.  It's fantastic at short range.

Yep, I definitely agree they've nerfed the grenades.  There's an option you can unlock to make them more powerful.  If you play Spartan Ops you can quickly rank up to unlock everything.  (or drink Mtn Dew for double XP points).  With double XP you can get 10,000 exp per Spartan Ops mission in about 7-8 minutes.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halo 4

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 21st, 2012, 5:13 pm

I'm big on manuals, and games like this need one badly!  There are all sorts of multiplayer modes, but no indication of the rules for each.  Are we supposed to look this stuff up on the Internet?

Astrosmasher1

Halo 4

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 25th, 2012, 9:20 pm

I have played the whole game... and beaten it up to legendary... admittedly I did legendary of co op
played lots of spartan ops
also played a bit of multiplayer...
So far it is my game of the year... and I am not a cod fan ....of a MOH fan .. anymore that is.... also after Farcry 2 being so duff... I am wary of FC3.  So this is my only fps fix for sometime...
also it is great on surround sound...
next year though... aliens and Metro last light ... that is if thq do not bite the dust....

Return to “Modern Gaming”