Wii U Relaunch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Segatarious1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Segatarious1 » October 10th, 2013, 7:11 am

Here is a 'real' plan :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-10-nintendo-announces-three-new-wii-u-hardware-bundles

First up is the Mario & Luigi Premium Pack, due out on 8th November. This includes New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U packaged as a "2 in 1" disc alongside a black premium Wii U console with 32GB of storage, plus a black Wii U GamePad.

Then, on 15th November, the family-focused Wii Party U Basic Pack will release. This includes a white Wii U console with 8GB of storage, a white Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote Plus, Sensor Bar and disc versions of Wii Party U (itself is due out on 25th October) and Nintendo Land.

And finally, on 22nd November, Nintendo will launch the Just Dance 2014 Basic Pack bundle. This includes a white Wii U console with 8GB of storage, a white Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote Plus controller, Sensor Bar and disc versions of Just Dance 2014 and Nintendo Land.

Just calm down, everybody. Its a buyers market, all across the board. Times are tough all over. Nintendo has deep pockets and long term goals, they will be fine.

Pacman0001

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Pacman0001 » October 10th, 2013, 10:38 am

I'm afraid a re-launch would confuse consumers.  Nintendo can lower the price and give it a marketing push, but renaming and redesigning it would cause a lot of people to go "Hey, I thought Nintendo just came out with a new system.  Why are they abandoning it so early?"

I understand the Wii Mini.  It's this generation's version of the Atari 2600 JR. NES 2, SNES 2, PSone, PS Slimline, etc.  It's a cost reduced system for late adopters, for people who stay a generation-or-so behind everyone else because they can't afford, or do not want to pay for, the latest thing.

Leo1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Leo1 » October 10th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Sadly, that's Eurogamer and those are European bundles.

I hope the Mario bundle comes stateside and also includes the physical disc instead of using vouchers. I wonder too if it includes a full retail case for it like Nintendoland did but which their Wii bundles never did.  

I hate paper sleeves and having to buy a case and print my own insert just to make things match and to better protect my game. 

[QUOTE=Pacman000]I'm afraid a re-launch would confuse consumers.  Nintendo can lower the price and give it a marketing push, but renaming and redesigning it would cause a lot of people to go "Hey, I thought Nintendo just came out with a new system.  Why are they abandoning it so early?"

I understand the Wii Mini.  It's this generation's version of the Atari 2600 JR. NES 2, SNES 2, PSone, PS Slimline, etc.  It's a cost reduced system for late adopters, for people who stay a generation-or-so behind everyone else because they can't afford, or do not want to pay for, the latest thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much in 100% agreement with everything you just said. 

Two other groups that the Wii Mini appeals to are parents looking for perhaps a child's first gaming system that can't justify things like $400 hardware and $60 games and those that will rebuy something they once had.

The Wii is old enough at this point where there are gamers that may of dumped it several years ago and missed out on a few games or have an itch to replay something they once had that might jump on the Wii wagon for a second time with prices that are low enough.

ptdebate1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby ptdebate1 » October 21st, 2013, 7:05 pm

Reshape it into a cube and call it the Gamecube 2! 

Weekend_Warrior1

Wii U Relaunch

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » October 23rd, 2013, 4:05 am

Why does Nintendo still think 32GB is enough hard-drive space in this current online gaming age? 

Return to “Modern Gaming”