Under Defeat (Playstation 3)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 17th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Did you know this rare Dreamcast shooter is now available for the PS3? And on disc!  I picked up a copy from Amazon for $29.  I'm really loving this.  In addition to the original vertical screen mode, there's a "new order" mode that takes full advantage of the wide screen.  High scores are saved, and no, you do NOT have to be on-line!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » January 22nd, 2013, 9:22 pm

I heard about this...an absolute steal and a must buy for shooter fans.  The end of console life cycles generally produce some really good stuff that tends to be overlooked.  I can almost guarantee this one will be worth a pretty penny a few years from now.  

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2013, 10:22 pm

I just found this:
Dodonpachi Resurrection: Deluxe Edition (360)
on Amazon!

Another 2D shooter on disc!  I hope it's a new trend.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » January 23rd, 2013, 12:05 pm

Ha!  How funny; I just bought both games from amazon a couple of weeks ago.  DoDonPachi Resurrection is CRAZY difficult.  Just be prepared... but I know you've played DonPachi and DoDonPachi in the past, so you know what to expect.

I've only played around a little bit with Under Defeat HD.  I really like that a rare game like this gets a more widespread console release.  Sure it was nice for Dreamcast fans, but the game came out in 2006, long after the system was dead.  I'm really hoping for a physical or digital release of Gunlord.

So you know, the extras are the same in both games; a second disc with the soundtrack.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 23rd, 2013, 10:16 pm

JWK - you need to keep us posted when you see games like this!

Return to “Now Playing”