Eternal Champions (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 17th, 2015, 7:06 pm

On a snowy day about 22 years ago I had a snow day and was calling around looking for a copy of Eternal Champions.  I heard it was mediocre but I was in the throes of fighting game mania!  I had to have it.  

I found it at a local Asian video store for $56 and dragged my girlfriend over there to pick it up.  Today was a similar day so I drove the same girl (now wife) by that same shopping just for old times sake.  I associate the game with snow.

I was playing/re-reviewing the game today and man I really don't think it's as good as I remember.  Playing head-to-head is okay, but the single-player modes really, really suck.

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » February 17th, 2015, 8:27 pm

This game really doesnt hold up well for me either!

Ozzy

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » February 17th, 2015, 11:27 pm

"Potential" is what I think of. The single player game is so hard it's not even fun to play.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » February 18th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Yeah not a huge fan of this game either. I have the SCD version as well and while it is definitely better, I still don't like the games that much. I can tell that it's well designed and is a good game but I hate the graphics and art style. Everything just looks really ugly to me. Plus it doesn't really have a pick up and play feel since you really have to know your characters inside and out to do well.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » February 18th, 2015, 6:38 pm

I think it's a pretty solid fighting game overall.

Return to “Now Playing”