Boulderdash for the C-64

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Teddybear1

Boulderdash for the C-64

Postby Teddybear1 » January 1st, 2014, 5:48 pm

HOW IN THE HECK DID I MISS THIS GAME THE FIRST TIME AROUND IN THE 1980's?!?!?!?!? 

My curiosity was getting the better of me after seeing the Critic's "Coming Attractions" list (for the Atari XEGS) for this title and forum talk on AtariAge about an upcoming homebrew release for the Intellivision.  I have heard of the game but never played it.  After reading about it on Lemon64 I knew I had to get it.  Lo and behold - I have it on disk for my Commodore 64!  Thank goodness (and myself) for the all-nighter I pulled in the very late 80's when I cataloged my entire diskette inventory for my C-64....

It is a second cousin to Dig Dug......but other than tunneling the similarities pretty much end there.  Fast-paced action and strategy reign supreme on this gem.  The fear of getting those boulders heaping down on you if you aren't careful is a strong motivator in being cautious in what you do.  Time permitting, of course.

Discovering an old classic for the first time - priceless!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the review for the XEGS.

Astrosmasher1

Boulderdash for the C-64

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 1st, 2014, 8:05 pm

It is a great game.  I played the  xbox live game and really started to get into it again.

Return to “Now Playing”