Bioshock Infinite

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
JWK1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby JWK1 » April 3rd, 2013, 12:11 pm

I played and loved both Bioshock 1 and 2 but I'm a little surprised to see so many people finding Bioshock Infinite average.  Interesting.  I decided to hold off on Infinite.  I'm playing through Far Cry 3 right now and loving it to death, so I can wait for a price drop.

Just a thought for those who have both systems, eurogamer has said that the framerate and fluidity of the gameplay run better on the PS3, so I'm wondering if some of the problems are coming from (I'm assuming) so many playing it on the 360.  But Eurogamer also said that Tomb Raider runs and looks better on PS3, but I played it on the 360 without issue, so it's anybody's guess.

Sut1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby Sut1 » April 3rd, 2013, 4:11 pm

Interesting views but to be honest if its even half as awesome as the first two games then its me sold as along with Uncharted I think Bioshock as been THE series this generation.

JustLikeHeaven1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 5th, 2013, 11:51 am

[QUOTE=feilong80]Hey guys! Long time since I've posted, but m0zart mentioned that he posted the screen grab I gave him of the credits.

It was a fascinating experience working on a huge title like that. The talent is immense in Boston but I'm also proud to say the Human Head guys held up perfectly fine alongside them

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rob, congrats on living out your dream man!  I remember a few years ago when you were sharing your journey with the rest of us on the boards.  It's truly awesome to know that you contributed to one of the biggest games in the industry released this year!  Can't wait to see what you're up to next!  

Linkdude6781

Bioshock Infinite

Postby Linkdude6781 » April 5th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Played the first two Bioshock games and I fell in love with them. Hope to get this one soon :-)

feilong801

Bioshock Infinite

Postby feilong801 » April 5th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate it :-)

Astrosmasher1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby Astrosmasher1 » April 5th, 2013, 7:37 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]Thanks man, I appreciate it :-)[/QUOTE]

I have changed my mind ... great game....

gleebergloben1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby gleebergloben1 » April 6th, 2013, 12:17 am

Bioshock Infinite, D grade. Man oh man oh man, what a colossal disappointment.

Where to start. The game was so linear. Go from this point to this point. Really uninteresting. Boring and predictable battles. Completely forgettable enemies. The Patriots were such a poor substitute for the big Daddies.

The plasmids (oh sorry, the Vigors) were borderline useless. I used Possession 95% of the time because the other plasmids (sorry, Vigors) were a complete waste of time.

The Skyline was completely unnecessary; it was only needed on some levels to get from Point A to Point B. But the skyline added zero to the game enjoyment.

Treasure was EVERYWHERE. I just stopped searching bodies and trash cans and chests because it became so monotonous.

Elizabeth helped you every single time, and the game was incredibly easy. And her lockpicking assistance felt so forced, so you felt like she was needed.

Did I mention forgettable enemies? In the other two Bioshocks, the enemies were scary, creepy, and funny. In Infinite they were like any other video game.

I was waiting for some cool twist at the end, but nope, just a whole lotta nothing. The game was such a chore to finish, and was a disappointment from beginning to end. I can't believe this game was delayed to "perfect" it. And how this game got great marks from reviewers is absolutely stunning.

It's not like "well, Infinite wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see where others would like it." I honestly don't know why anyone would give this game better than a C grade, and that's being generous. What a major, major disappointment. Maybe you're thinking "Gleeb, you expected too much." Maybe that's right, but I don't think so.

I could go on and on, but what's the point. Infinite was a tired concept, and a lazy effort. What a shame.

NewModelArmy1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby NewModelArmy1 » April 6th, 2013, 6:44 am

I really enjoyed Bioshock Infinite but some of the criticisms I am reading are justified. I put the game in the B+ category myself. Nowhere near as good as the original but much better then most of the games on the market right now. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Bioshock Infinite

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 6th, 2013, 11:32 am

In most games I don't care much about the stories or characters, but this game sucked me in.  I didn't know what the hell was going on some of the time, but I was intrigued and glued to the TV till the end.  I'll try to get the review posted soon.

soporj1

Bioshock Infinite

Postby soporj1 » April 6th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Better than the original.

Return to “Now Playing”