Fallout 3 (PS3)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
C64_Critic1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby C64_Critic1 » October 4th, 2013, 7:35 pm

I played through Fallout 3 on the PC and loved it.  I really got into the atmosphere and story, although I didn't chase every single side-quest.  I've been playing Fallout 3: New Vegas for over a year now, because like yourself I typically take my gaming in 1 hour segments or less.  Totally worth it though.

Irenicus1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Irenicus1 » October 5th, 2013, 12:07 am

I'd like to share my favorite moment in Fallout 3. I've played through the game twice. First on the original version & then the Game of the Year Edition. My favorite moment came on my second playthrough.

In my first game I never even bothered with Butch. I played as a good guy and Butch didn't seem like he was worth my time. In my second game I was a bad mofo. I had traveled a lot with Jericho. He had my back and all, but he was getting on my nerves. He kept smoking cigarettes & I was afraid he'd eventually give away our position so I told him to take a hike. I decided to revisit the Vault in hopes that I could hook up with Amata. Unfortunately she wasn't interested, but I ran into Butch. I always thought Butch was a D-bag, but he was funny. I kinda almost admired his naïve arrogance. I decided to let him carry my gear. So we explored some subway & things were going alright. He wasn't much help in a fight, but since I liked the killing I didn't mind so much. Then we got out of the subway and we were ambushed. Two Enclave squads just got done wasting some Super Mutants. I can't remember exactly how many Enclave troops we encountered, but I do remember they made short work of the Super Mutants. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go ballz out & just waste them. I took cover behind a wall & picked them off one by one. I got shot a couple times, but luckily nothing was crippled. In all the commotion I don't even remember seeing what happened to Butch. Completing an awesome battle I finally took down the last of the Enclave. I walked by a few corpses, but there was no sign of Butch. During the gunfight I had actually traveled quite a bit away from the subway exit. As I finally got to the subway exit there was Butch dead laying in the fetal position. His cool Tunnel Snakes jacket didn't have a drop of blood on it. My first instinct after seeing Butch dead was to reload, but if I did that than the awesome battle I was just in would've been for not. I stripped Butch to his underwear & said goodbye. From there I headed to Paradise Falls & found the love of my love. Her name was Clover.   

Sut1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Sut1 » October 16th, 2013, 6:50 pm

I'm going to eat a bit of humble pie here, I've stuck with the game and it's finally sucked me in. Got myself upto level 10 with some decent weapons and yeah it's now starting to click with me. This is the good things about forums like these and positive reviews it makes you persevere, felt the same when I played GTA 3 and that ended up being one of my favourite games ever.

Tron1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Tron1 » October 17th, 2013, 11:02 pm

I think its a tough game to enjoy in just short increments. You need a few hours to really get into it.

Sut1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Sut1 » November 19th, 2013, 11:35 am

Well talk about perseverance pays. I'm absolutely loving this game now, glad I stuck with it because it was close to hitting eBay ! The scale is immense but now it's knitting together nicely and no longer seems overwhelming, taking down enemies is now more fun as I'm at a decent level.

I would now definitely recommend this game at a B+, falls short of A grade because of how long it took me to get into it. Put the time into it and the game will draw you into its universe.

Sut1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Sut1 » January 4th, 2014, 10:35 am

-=-SPOILERS-=-

Just completed this again but as an evil character, boy I've never felt so guilty completing a game.
I let Sarah sacrifice herself and also used the virus from the Enclave for the ending and basically laid waste to the population. I almost want to play a good character again to cleanse my soul !

Nothing since Bioshock has moved me like this game, absolutely fantastic and it's trophies are some of the better ones as well. I cannot recommend this game highly enough.

Astrosmasher1

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 4th, 2014, 12:57 pm

[QUOTE=Sut]-=-SPOILERS-=- Just completed this again but as an evil character, boy I've never felt so guilty completing a game. I let Sarah sacrifice herself and also used the virus from the Enclave for the ending and basically laid waste to the population. I almost want to play a good character again to cleanse my soul ! Nothing since Bioshock has moved me like this game, absolutely fantastic and it's trophies are some of the better ones as well. I cannot recommend this game highly enough.[/QUOTE]
Cool... you are Evil Sut!!

darkrage61

Fallout 3 (PS3)

Postby darkrage61 » January 4th, 2014, 2:00 pm

I didn't like the original ending because of the serious gaps in logic(why does either your character or Sarah hav eto sacrifice herself when you've taking tons of anti-radiation stuff the entire game?) thankfully the Brotherhood Of Steel DLC fixed that.

Return to “Now Playing”