Disney Infinity

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
vegas83

Disney Infinity

Postby vegas83 » August 28th, 2013, 10:56 pm

I originally got this to basically collect the characters (toy pieces) but I decided to play it. When I first played it I thought this is just mini games and pretty easy but as I got into it it is actually a fun deep game. I was never one to play an open world so called game but I am actually enjoying this style of game.
There is plenty of different characters to play and each have their own mission or challenges to complete, so each playlet has two to three characters per playlet so you can see the depth of the game. I am older adult(40) and enjoy this but it is very kid friendly so I see it appealing to all ages. There is also what is called the toy box to build your own world and missions or challenges, I have not even tried this portion of the game, you first need to unlock the pieces from the mission in each play sets so this seems like if you really want to build something epic you first need to play all the play sets to unlock the pieces.
After four hours of game play, I am still on my first character and playlet and wanting more, for now I highly recommend this game, you will get some people that say this is Money grab by Disney with having to by all the characters which may be true down the road.
This is is a game that you will need to invest some cash and time to truly enjoy this game but for me this is a solid game.

Vegas833

If anyone wants to play co op let me know I am on PS3.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Disney Infinity

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 28th, 2013, 11:21 pm

How does this compare to the Skylanders games?

vegas83

Disney Infinity

Postby vegas83 » August 29th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Hey Critic, I am not sure how it compares to Skylanders as I have never played it. I have asked people on twitctv that very question and they same they are total different games with the exception of the toys on the portal.
I am surprised you have not played either.

ActRaiser1

Disney Infinity

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 16th, 2013, 11:23 am

I finally tried out Disney Infinity last night on the Wii U.

It's interesting.  So far I've only really played around in the toy box and the mini game style adventures within the toy box mode.  From a technical stand point the frame rate feels slightly off and isn't as smooth as other games I've played on the Wii U.

Regardless, it's still fun.  If I have time tonight I'll check out the dedicated playset adventures.  I'm trying to move away from the dark, dreary, atmospheric games to be able to play upstairs with the wife in the same room.  I was thinking this might do the trick, but who knows.

To play 2 people in the same playset adventure mode you'll need two characters with the same theme so I might be relegated to Toy Box mode for a bit.

Return to “Now Playing”