Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Den1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Den1 » November 13th, 2014, 3:45 pm

You know what?  Now that I've played through all the tracks 5-6 times each, they're really growing on me.  The only one I don't like is the icy stage with the split track... great idea but somewhat boring.  The Excitebike track is a blast... like Baby Park with ramps.  Love the original Rainbow Road.  

Segatarious1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Segatarious1 » November 13th, 2014, 4:05 pm

[QUOTE=Den]You know what?  Now that I've played through all the tracks 5-6 times each, they're really growing on me.  The only one I don't like is the icy stage with the split track... great idea but somewhat boring.  The Excitebike track is a blast... like Baby Park with ramps.  Love the original Rainbow Road.  [/QUOTE]

Yes, but a surprisingly long front and back stretch. Excitebike is a really fun, clean looking track.

The ice track I need more time on, it is interesting that you can often slide off one onto the other, but I am too green at it yet to have a good feel for it.

The switches are fun in Hyrule Castle, but most of the time I hear it activated after I am already past!

Overall, great courses. MK 8 now feels HUGE! I am glad I prebought the spring pack as well, but that might be enough.....

Den1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Den1 » November 13th, 2014, 4:26 pm

I can't believe we have to wait until May for the next eight tracks!  

I hope Nintendo continues to add tracks.  I'd love to see new DLC every six months for a few years.

ZetaX1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby ZetaX1 » November 13th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Okay, I'm officially a DLC hypocrit... Just bought the current/future DLC packs and the new tracks are good fun. Guess now I'm part of the "future." Oh well...

Leo1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Leo1 » November 14th, 2014, 4:32 am

Wish we didn't have to wait so long for the next round, since I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. I'm already thinking about what type of retro selections I'd like to see, along with the inevitable Metroid themed circuit that I'm sure the next expansion will feature along with Animal Crossing. 

I doubt it will be selected to be remade, but here's one that I'd love to see.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgpPcGYD7X0[/video]

I've always liked day/night lighting transitions in videogames. 

Segatarious1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Segatarious1 » November 14th, 2014, 6:36 am

[QUOTE=ZetaX]Okay, I'm officially a DLC hypocrit... Just bought the current/future DLC packs and the new tracks are good fun. Guess now I'm part of the "future." Oh well...[/QUOTE]

have you ever bought bad or stupid DLC?

I have not either. Oh well, at least we do not have a 'past' to be embarrassed about.?

ZetaX1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby ZetaX1 » November 14th, 2014, 9:28 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=ZetaX]Okay, I'm officially a DLC hypocrit... Just bought the current/future DLC packs and the new tracks are good fun. Guess now I'm part of the "future." Oh well...[/QUOTE]

have you ever bought bad or stupid DLC?

I have not either. Oh well, at least we do not have a 'past' to be embarrassed about.?[/QUOTE]

No, I had never bought expansion-pack type DLC before.  I have bought a couple of cheap Android games for my tablet, never more than a buck or two each - I always considered them "expendable" if they were lost somehow (plus one of them was just another copy of World of Goo, a game I have a physical copy of for PC.)

I only got to play each track twice last night (50cc and 100cc) and 1st placed them all except the 100cc Zelda/Link track.  Everybody ganged-up on me the last half lap!

It'll be interesting to go back to the Gamecube and Wii Mario Karts and see how the new tracks have changed things around...

Den1

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Postby Den1 » November 14th, 2014, 11:49 am

The SNES Rainbow Road remake is gorgeous, with the full moon in the background.  

I would love to see Banshee Boardwalk in the next round.  That's always been my favorite track.  DK Mountain would be another great one to redo... or Waluigi Pinball!

Return to “Now Playing”