Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie1

Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Postby Herschie1 » December 16th, 2014, 8:53 pm

Ok, we all know and love Smash on the Wii U. But let me tell you, this here game is no slouch. There's not really much to say, obviously it doesn't have as many songs or levels as the its Wii U counterpart. However, I find that I actually play this more, due to the nature of Smash Bros, and how it's more of a game to play when you only have a few minutes, or, um, after you just had Taco Bell. 

Graphics are decent, and it's virtually the same gameplay that we've grown to love over the years. The aforementioned lack of levels and music cuts down a little on the nostalgia, but at least some of the levels are actually different than on the Wii U, which is nice. 

I like this game. Not as good as the Wii U version, but probably THE most perfect game for a handheld system. 

Rev1

Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Postby Rev1 » December 17th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Yeah, I've been playing this as well although I'm mostly using it to quickly unlock custom moves (it goes by much faster than on the Wii U). Other than the 3DS's crappy controller, the one thing I don't like about this game is the lack of competitive levels on this game, especially compared to the Wii U version. You can get the gama levels (or whatever they're called, they have that weird symbol) which basically turns every stage into Final Destination, but that really doesn't make up for the lack of stages where you can fight without the environment trying to kill you. Every stage as Final Destination is actually not as even as Nintendo thinks, and most of those stages cater to characters who can camp or benefit with the lack of platforms. If you omit those stages you really have the original Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, and Prism Tower as the only stages that can be considered competitive. Still, it is a fun game to play on the go.

Return to “Now Playing”