Wheel of Fortune Family Edition (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie1

Wheel of Fortune Family Edition (NES)

Postby Herschie1 » February 17th, 2015, 10:43 pm

My mom recently had surgery, so my wife and I went to visit her today, since she can't get out much. She watches Wheel of Fortune pretty much every night, and I just happened to have the game, so I brought it over. 

I like this game. Nice and simple, has all the rules correct. The puzzles are all circa 1990, so you'll have to dive into your memory a few times. Vanna White is there, and is nicely rendered, again circa 1990. You get to control your power when you spin the wheel, and it's all about risk/reward when deciding to solve the puzzle vs. spinning. 

As fun as the game is, it's not perfect. The puzzles tend to be rather obscure. One of them was some island in Greece that very little of the population has ever heard of. I was able to get one book title before anyone because of one time in high school that I actually paid attention. And another puzzle was some fictional character from the 50's that none of us knew. Finally, I wish that you could look at the puzzle while the wheel was spinning. There's a time limit in choosing your letter, and this is done with a cursor controlled with the D pad. So sometimes getting the letters out in time because troublesome.

Still, we had a blast playing it. My 69 year old mother was able to grab the NES controller and play this. Never thought I'd see the day. 

Return to “Now Playing”