Castle of illusion (Master System)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
steephen1

Postby steephen1 » January 27th, 2013, 5:07 pm

I purchased this game a while back, but only now have I gotten to play it. It is EASILY the BEST version of Castle of illusion. The controls are a little off at first, but it soon becomes second nature. Pouncing enemies is just as fun. The levels are also more interesting. The only thing that really threw me off was the fact that you have to use a separate button to do that butt bounce. Overall, this is the best version of castle of illusion I've played. Critic, you owe it to yourself to play this game!

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » January 27th, 2013, 6:16 pm

I should also mention it's a little harder to find than the Genesis game.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » January 27th, 2013, 6:34 pm

If you like that game there is actually another  couple games in the series for the Master System. I picked up Land of Illusion(I believe it is a European import but plays on all SMS) but I haven't had much time to play it lately. Now that I finally finished Fire Emblem I have some free time between that and the new release so might have to pick that up. It is apparently supposed to be pretty solid title as well.

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » January 28th, 2013, 5:11 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rev
picked up Land of Illusion(I believe it is a European import but plays on all SMS) but I haven't had much time to play it lately.[/QUOTE]
I actually own that one, it seems to be using the same engine as castle of illusion. But I think I like LOI better.

Sut

Re: Castle of illusion (Master System)

Postby Sut » December 16th, 2016, 7:04 am

This is a wonderful game. Plays really smooth, looks great for an 8-bit title and even the music is OK.

It's a great title for a retro gamer with half hour to fill thanks to its fairly easy difficulty and numerous continues. Highly recommended.

Return to “Now Playing”