Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
PAAppleyard1

Postby PAAppleyard1 » February 18th, 2014, 5:22 am

I was downloading some Master System games as its my second all time favorite system after the Atari 2600, when I decided to leave some points over to download Mario Kart and Zelda for the SNES. I remember seeing this game in the demo booths in the large department stores and wishing I could have bought it (I didn't have a SNES or money to buy one).

I am now starting to see what I missed out on. I waited in line to play it but never managed to as people wouldn't get off once they started playing.

I may need to rethink what my favorite all time console are after playing this and Ocarina of Time (I did have an N64 but never bought this game).

The Wii VC really is a great resource to have. Its save so much fuss and money over buying all the separate systems and the games.

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » March 23rd, 2014, 7:43 pm

Once you're done with this, I suggest picking up "A Link Between Worlds" for the 3DS if you have it. If you don't, that might be the game you need to convince you to grab one. 

Herschie

Re: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

Postby Herschie » February 11th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Started playing this again. Honestly, I can see why many regard this as the best game ever made, because I am having a blast with it. One thing that makes it better than a lot of these newer Zelda games is that it's actually fairly difficult. I actually have to prepare for a dungeon, putting fairies in a bottle, and buying potions. And it helps that I don't remember where each and every thing is.

This is Nintendo's masterpiece.

Atariboy

Re: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

Postby Atariboy » February 12th, 2018, 10:42 am

Growing up, I virtually never got new videogames outside of Christmas. But one summer vacation when I 14 or so, I was allowed to pick a game out at the store one day that wasn't more than maybe $30, and it was this one.

I had thought the screenshot looked great in the poster showing off much of Nintendo's 1st party lineup that came with Nintendo published SNES games, and wasn't disappointed. I had never heard of Zelda outside of that screenshot and brief description on those posters (and this was just before I went online for the first time), so I wasn't aware of its reputation.

It ended up one of my favorite games of all-time.

Return to “Now Playing”