Super Mario 3D World

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
funky_muzic1

Super Mario 3D World

Postby funky_muzic1 » November 23rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

This game is awesome!  It was definitely worth the wait.  The difficulty starts to ramp up in World 3, and it's no walk in the park.  Of course this is a great multi-player/family game.  Almost every level I play makes me want to come back and play the level again! 

I would write more, but I have to get back to the game.  [smile]

Segatarious1

Super Mario 3D World

Postby Segatarious1 » November 25th, 2013, 10:06 am

Well, I have to say this is the most polished video game I have ever seen. And second place is so far back, who cares?

Finally, we have a contender to strip Mario 3 of the GOAT award - something I never thought I would type! - it invokes all the same feelings, all of the magic.

The 2D level design and controls  in New Luigi are equal to this game,  but the overall package - graphics, art style, and music, this game trumps it. As someone who loves 2D Mario, it is strange to say that world can feel limited when compared to how vibrant this one feels. 

darkrage61

Super Mario 3D World

Postby darkrage61 » November 25th, 2013, 12:47 pm

There are a lot of Mario games I like a lot more then SMB3, I always felt that one was a tad overpraised.

Atarifever1

Super Mario 3D World

Postby Atarifever1 » November 26th, 2013, 5:46 am

[QUOTE=darkrage6]There are a lot of Mario games I like a lot more then SMB3, I always felt that one was a tad overpraised.[/QUOTE]
Not me.  I lived through that one coming out and I remember what it was at the time.  All of us kids went to a movie just to see one minute of game footage near the end.  Everyone I knew wanted that game.  Not like "everyone wanted Halo 3."  No, the market is too divided there.  Back then, 80% of the market had a Nintendo and very nearly 100% of the market loved Mario. EVERYONE who played games wanted that game.  

And then it came out, and it was bigger, and better looking, and better sounding than anything you expected.  There were overworld maps, the chance to skip levels, on and off map power ups, an inventory system, warp whistles, secret area on the maps, boats on the map, flying air ships, games of chance, the original Mario Bros. arcade game as a silly little bonus (just 5 years after that was a full release on the system by itself), extra life games to end every level, letters from the princess, frog suits, hammer suits, tanoki suits, shoes you could ride around in, and on and on and on.  I'll never think this one is overpraised.  This was a defining moment in console gaming.    

billydeethrilliams1

Super Mario 3D World

Postby billydeethrilliams1 » November 26th, 2013, 8:26 am

Love Super Mario 3, but then, Nintendo did the impossible… they topped it with Super Mario World. (in my opinion)

Super Mario 3D World is an appropriate name, because it truly is worthy to it's 2d Snes counterpart. This game is turning into an all-timer. 

darkrage61

Super Mario 3D World

Postby darkrage61 » November 26th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Well I didn't grow up with SMB3 like most of you, so that's probably why I don't have the same attachment towards it.

I had really high expectations for the game after hearing so many good reviews and ultimately I felt the game while somewhat enjoyable, did not quite live up to the critical praise.

JasonhasRSI1

Super Mario 3D World

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » November 26th, 2013, 5:32 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

Well I didn't grow up with SMB3 like most of you, so that's probably why I don't have the same attachment towards it.

I had really high expectations for the game after hearing so many good reviews and ultimately I felt the game while somewhat enjoyable, did not quite live up to the critical praise.

[/QUOTE]

Judging from many of your other posts, I'm comfortable saying this: your taste in games is suspect, to put it kindly.

Truly looking forward to playing 3DWorld. This is the Wii U system seller, for me.

darkrage61

Super Mario 3D World

Postby darkrage61 » November 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Well I find your post rather "suspect", are you saying i'm not allowed to have a differing opinion on a critically acclaimed game?

Anyways it's not like I said it was a bad game, just not Mario's finest moment is all, I personally prefer Super Mario World, that's all. 

There's no reason for you to insult my taste just because you disagree with me, that's kinda rude if you ask me.

Return to “Now Playing”