The Cave

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Segatarious1

The Cave

Postby Segatarious1 » April 10th, 2013, 1:01 pm

The Cave is a 2-d Adventure style game. You have 7 characters to choose from, but only take 3 in at a time through The Cave. So it takes 3 play throughs to see all the levels, as each character has its 'own' level they must complete. And you need all 3 to switch to and from to solve puzzles, so they travel through the Cave as a group. The downside is you have to repeatably go through the same 'common levels' to travel to the character specific levels, so they get repetitive after you have beat them and know all the puzzles.

But I have to say, the first time through each of the levels is a real treat. The game looks great, the puzzles are nice but not over complicated, the game has somewhat amusing narration over  the game play (my fave, the non intrusive type!), and the Cave just oozes atmosphere. The characters are all twisted in their own way and you have to get them through their Hell so they MIGHT reach Heaven....

Best adventure game I have played in some time, if you are a fan of the genre I believe you will get your moneys worth......

Return to “Now Playing”