Watch Dogs

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
WaddlesJr1

Watch Dogs

Postby WaddlesJr1 » May 31st, 2014, 2:29 pm

Been playing Watch Dogs all week and have finished the main story.

Gotta say that I'm pretty disappointed, and don't think the game lived up to the hype whatsoever.  The graphics aren't bad, but they aren't nearly as good as Ubisoft was claiming they would be.  The gameplay isn't bad by any means, it's fun, and has it's moments, but it's also not anything special, and with the campaign being 30+ hours long it definitely gets stale by the end of it.

Here's a review of mine that you should check out that sums up everything I feel about the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjX9MIAMqUg

What do you guys think of it?  Have you been enjoying it?  I know a lot of people have been and I'd love to have a conversation about it!

Vexer1

Watch Dogs

Postby Vexer1 » May 31st, 2014, 11:49 pm

Not really impressed with the video, dosen't sound like very good criticism to me.

Anyways while i'll admit the game didn't deliver exactly what the E3 showing promised, I'm still finding it to be pretty damn fun, I've spent hours just doing side missions and getting collectables(I spent nearly two hours trying to win one of those damn poker games, thankfully two of them let you hack into cameras so you can cheat and look at the other players hands, which makes things a little easier) i'm not even halfway through Act II yet and the story's just now starting to get really interesting.  I can't wait to see where it goes next!

I do agree on the graphics though, honestly looking at videos of the game on next gen consoles and playing it on my 360, I can't really detect a huge difference between the two.

Sut1

Watch Dogs

Postby Sut1 » June 1st, 2014, 3:36 am

[QUOTE=Vexer]

I do agree on the graphics though, honestly looking at videos of the game on next gen consoles and playing it on my 360, I can't really detect a huge difference between the two.

[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right ? It's well reported the 360 version is struggling visually compared to the other versions including PS3. There are numerous comparison videos on YouTube. Especially when it rains you can really see the difference with both XBone and PS4 (obviously the PC on ultra settings as well, but how any people have rigs for those settings). Some background details on 360 are definitely downgraded (the trees are like something out of a PS2 game).

The compromises make sure it still plays well on the 360, but you can't say it's graphic fidelity compares well with the other versions.

Vexer1

Watch Dogs

Postby Vexer1 » June 1st, 2014, 3:14 pm

Sut-Um, no i'm not kidding, the 360 version dosen't appear to be "struggling" visually to me at all.  The trees don't like they came from a PS2 game, and yeah I can say the graphics still look pretty damn good.

Sut1

Watch Dogs

Postby Sut1 » June 1st, 2014, 5:16 pm

http://gearburn.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-on-xbox-360-is-super-smooth-but-has-ps2-quality-trees/

I'm not saying it still isn't a great game on 360, I'm just saying it's the weakest of all the versions both graphically and technically.

Vexer1

Watch Dogs

Postby Vexer1 » June 2nd, 2014, 3:31 am

Well sorry but I think that site is wrong, the trees actually look quite good in the 360 version, don't really see how they look PS2 quality at all.

Sut1

Watch Dogs

Postby Sut1 » June 2nd, 2014, 3:51 pm

@ Vexer - how are you finding it further in the game ? People I talk to are giving me getting mixed reactions. Some think it's brilliant, others say it gets dull fast.

Same for anyone else who has clocked up some hours, would like your opinions.

I'd like some more feedback as this was next on my shopping list once I'm done with MGS HD Collection and MGS 5.

Vexer1

Watch Dogs

Postby Vexer1 » June 3rd, 2014, 1:04 am

I think the game definitely gets better as it goes along(it really started getting my attention about one-third into Act II), I just started Act III today(mainly because I was busy finishing all the investigations as well as doing the Gang Hideouts and Criminal Conveys, i've finished all of the former and only have two of the latter left to do) and the story is really grabbing my attention now, the story takes a lot of interesting and surprising twist and turns and i'm eager to see where it goes next.

Vexer1

Watch Dogs

Postby Vexer1 » June 4th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Well I finished Watch Dogs story today and I have to say the last mission was a little bit dissapointing compared to some of the previous ones, overall the game was pretty good.  Though I would ultimately have to say it's not as good as GTA V, that game had a better story, more interesting characters, better variety in main missions, etc.

Still interested in that T-Bone DLC when it comes out next month.

ptdebate1

Watch Dogs

Postby ptdebate1 » June 4th, 2014, 4:46 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]

Well I finished Watch Dogs story today and I have to say the last mission was a little bit dissapointing compared to some of the previous ones, overall the game was pretty good.  Though I would ultimately have to say it's not as good as GTA V, that game had a better story, more interesting characters, better variety in main missions, etc.

Still interested in that T-Bone DLC when it comes out next month.

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch any dogs during the experience?

Return to “Now Playing”