Just Cause 2 - Steam

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
C64_Critic

Just Cause 2 - Steam

Postby C64_Critic » July 19th, 2015, 2:44 pm

I actually started playing this game at the end of last summer, took a long hiatus from it, and have started playing it again as of a few weeks ago. This game it one of the best summer games I've played in a long time. It takes place over the vast expanse of a fictional island nation called Panau and time of day and weather changes as you play. Taking place on a tropical island just makes you think about summer and vacations, and quite often the weather will change to heavy rains and storms. Early on I had commented to my wife one day I was waiting for thunderstorms outside and a few hours later I was playing Just Cause 2 when a thunderstorm broke out in the game - she looked up and commented that the storms I had been waiting on had finally arrived... she thought the storm in the game was an approaching storm outside! Anyway, large open environments with plenty of destructible items, plenty of mayhem with explosions and gunplay, the game plays like a summer action blockbuster. There are worse ways to spend your vacation than on the island of Panau!

Vexer6

Re: Just Cause 2 - Steam

Postby Vexer6 » July 19th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Yeah this was a pretty good game, though getting 100% will take you ages. Can't wait for Just Cause 3 to come out this year.

C64_Critic

Re: Just Cause 2 - Steam

Postby C64_Critic » August 2nd, 2015, 4:50 pm

Vexer6 wrote:Yeah this was a pretty good game, though getting 100% will take you ages. Can't wait for Just Cause 3 to come out this year.

Yeah I've given up any thoughts of completing everything 100%, the game world is just too vast and it's not always easy to figure out what you're missing. Still, I do plan to see if I can get all the black boxes, cash drops, and drug drops and complete as many of the major installations/cities as I can. I think I've now put about 60 hours into this game and I can easily see me sinking another 40 more before I give it up.

Return to “Now Playing”