Golf Club (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Golf Club (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 26th, 2015, 5:40 pm

I should thank the guy who recommended Golf Club for the PS4. This is a budget-priced, streamlined golf game that makes Rory McIlroy Golf look like a bloated beast.

There was no install process - the game fired right up. I was able to start a game right away, and the controls were so easy I didn't even need instructions. Sharp graphics with well-defined greens. I really like this game so far.

My only beef is with the commentator, who sounds more like your beer-drinking buddy than a professional.

Vexer6

Re: Golf Club (PS4)

Postby Vexer6 » July 26th, 2015, 8:00 pm

You accidentally double-posted this topic.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 27th, 2015, 12:23 am

it's been fixed.

TimPossible

Postby TimPossible » July 28th, 2015, 5:45 am

That was me critic! I have owned this launch last August and has to be my favorite golf game of all time. All sim with none of the spin in mid air and putt preview. There is a full course creator as well. The community has released about 75000 courses so far. All kinds of themes as well.

Glad you like it Criitic! Did you get the disc version then for $40?

TimPossible

Postby TimPossible » July 28th, 2015, 6:50 am

Also be sure to check out tgctours.com as it's pretty cool. They have about 2000 members. They have it where you sign up and you go through q-school and based on how you play in that they will put on the appropriate tour based on your skill level. You can then work your way up through to get to the PGA. They mimic the real life schedules as well as they have weekly tournaments. I am currently on the PGA and am ranked 24th in the world.

There are no real courses but there are some stellar designers out there. Be sure to check out "Magnolia National" with All 4 pinsets which is a real creation of Augusta National as well as "Chambers Bay" which held the US Open this year.

The game has unlimited replay value due to the number of courses to play (75k and growing every day) which keeps you coming back for more. The developer is HB Studios which is a small company based up in Canada. They used to help with the Tiger Woods games for the Wii and were due to help with the next EA project last year but when EA decided to skip a year they went ahead on their own project and released The Golf Club and boy am I glad they did. Anybody who hasn't checked this game out yet you don't know how good it is until you play it. The company continues to support this game and there are many updates as they keep improving on an already superb 1st effort.

Marriott_Guy

Postby Marriott_Guy » July 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm

A quick question. Does this game support the old school 3-button-click swing method? Thanks in advance.

Terry

TimPossible

Postby TimPossible » July 29th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Marriott_Guy wrote:A quick question. Does this game support the old school 3-button-click swing method? Thanks in advance.

Terry

Unfortunately not. You can use either the left or right analog swing. I believe this was due to the fact they wanted to keep it as real as possible like swinging a club. I like the 3 click swing too but I am so used to the analog swing now its great. Again, by far the best golf game to ever hit the market.

You can't apy attention to reviews anymore as this game has had 10 updates since launch last August. HB continues to listen to the community and this game keeps getting tweaks for the better. I can't get enough. I have 75 PS4 games on the shelf and I keep coming back to this game. Unlimited replay value!

Return to “Now Playing”