Shovel Knight (3DS)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
MoarRipter

Shovel Knight (3DS)

Postby MoarRipter » December 7th, 2015, 5:03 pm

So even though I had a downloaded copy of Shovel Knight already for the Wii U, I wanted to pickup a physical copy because it's such a good game and Yacht Club did such a fantastic job on the retail packaging I have no issue buying it a second time to support such a great developer. I mean seriously, when was the last time you saw a full color manual in a third party game release? I had no idea that the 3DS version is in 3D! Compared to some third party 3DS games the 3D effect in Shovel Knight is well done. The 3D effect is awesome, and with the lower screen acting as your inventory screen I think the 3DS version is the best version of Shovel Knight for all of the platforms it is available on!

Also that it's on a cartridge (in a way) instead of a disc it gives it even more of that old school feel. Hell it even came with a download for the soundtrack. Fortunately I picked up the soundtrack at the Yacht Club games booth at PAX Prime a couple of years ago... ;)
Attachments
Photo Dec 07, 2 07 45 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 07, 2 07 45 PM.jpg (215.52 KiB) Viewed 2855 times

tortimer

Re: Shovel Knight (3DS)

Postby tortimer » October 13th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know there was a physical release; now I can stop looking for the eShop version to go on sale and be on the lookout for this version.

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » October 17th, 2016, 5:37 pm

The Wii U version had a physical release too. It's a worthy purchase and a great game.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 22nd, 2016, 11:56 am

It is a fantastic game! ...to unlock the Plague Knight Adventure: Hold the Attack Button on the title screen and press Up, Up, Right, Down, Left, Left on the title screen.. then release the attack button.

Return to “Now Playing”