Excitebots Trick Racing (Wii)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
JustLikeHeaven

Excitebots Trick Racing (Wii)

Postby JustLikeHeaven » March 17th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Damn this game is awesome! I'm not a big racing game fan, but when they're this fun I'm a believer in the genre. The racing action is fast, ridiculous, and relatively forgiving. The game doesn't punish you too badly for poor driving and you can still win even if you crash a bunch of times. Using the Wii-mote on its side to tilt for steering feels loose, but the courses are so wide that it still works. The whole game has this feeling off driving just on the brink of losing control...and it's a big rush. All of the cars are insect/animal bots that transform. You gotta love that! Graphically the game is clean looking and runs very smoothly. The music is pretty terrible, but it can't all be bat cars and ridiculous air jumps.

I picked this game up for $7 used and it's a total gem. If you still have your Wii hooked up or can't seem to find something to play on the Wii U...do yourself a favor and get a copy of Excitebots Trick Racing.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Excitebots Trick Racing (Wii)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Yeah this and Excite Truck were two of my early favorite Wii titles, and in terms of arcade action I don't think anything ever surpassed them on the system. Thanks for bringing them back to our attention!

ESauce

Postby ESauce » March 17th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Excitebots is definitely a top 10 Wii game, and one of the best arcade style racers of all time. I loved Excite Truck so much that I 100 percented it (a rare feat for me), but once ExciteBots came out I hardly ever touched it. ExciteBots improved on Excite Truck in just about every way possible, and Excite Truck was already a solid game. The only thing I missed was using my own soundtrack (Excite Truck was one of the only Wii games to allow you to play your own music from the SD card; I remember very fondly turbo-ing over jumps to the tune of Gnarles Barkley's Saint Elsewhere), but the music in ExciteBots was far more tolerable than the music in Excite Truck so it wasn't so bad.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » March 18th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Easily in my top 5 favorite Wii titles, and one of my all time favorites in general. It knocked my socks off the first time I played it, and it's pretty much the epitome of fun. Hell, even when I'm losing I'm still having a ball.

Always a favorite of mine to pull out with a few friends.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 27th, 2017, 10:51 am

Just decided to start playing this game, and it's impossible to stop playing it. Every time I want to go to bed, I end up playing an hour more of this game. The game is that good. There should be a picture of it next to the definition of "Fun" in the dictionary.

Fun: See also: Excitebots.

Rev

Postby Rev » January 28th, 2017, 1:05 pm

This game is awesome, I love it too... This and excite trucks (i think that was the name) were awesome Wii racers...i love the pick up and pay elements of both games. Better yet I got them for $4 each... Can't beat that.

Return to “Now Playing”