Monopoly (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
SigSauerLover

Monopoly (Genesis)

Postby SigSauerLover » March 22nd, 2016, 10:08 pm

I have nobody to play the board game with, but holy heck does this translation make for a fun single player game!

Tron

Re: Monopoly (Genesis)

Postby Tron » March 22nd, 2016, 11:13 pm

I think the NES is my fave version. It's simple, runs a quick pace and allows 7 computer players. You would think Monopoly video games would get better, but I think they've gotten worse. On the PS4 version you can't skip the animations and they take way too long. Also there are missing options that are in the NES like adjusting how much money each player starts off with.

Herschie

Re: Monopoly (Genesis)

Postby Herschie » March 23rd, 2016, 2:09 am

Tron wrote:I think the NES is my fave version. It's simple, runs a quick pace and allows 7 computer players. You would think Monopoly video games would get better, but I think they've gotten worse. On the PS4 version you can't skip the animations and they take way too long. Also there are missing options that are in the NES like adjusting how much money each player starts off with.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes less is more. I just want to get to my turn, not watch a bunch of dumb animations. The NES version is the best I've ever played, although I'm curious now about the one on the genesis.

Return to “Now Playing”