MLB The Show 16 (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

MLB The Show 16 (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 10th, 2016, 5:31 pm

This is a serviceable enough baseball game but I'm afraid it's becoming the Madden of basement. It plays well but doesn't leave a lasting impression.

Setting up an online game is a joke. What option would you choose from the menu? Play now? No, you need to go to the Leaderboards screen. WTF?? And even when I managed to connect with a friend, the headphones/mic didn't work with the game.

Herschie

Re: MLB The Show 16 (PS4)

Postby Herschie » April 12th, 2016, 1:08 am

I was a little disappointed. The graphics are a little cartoonish, 15's were almost better. I do like directional hitting better, which is good since zone was too much work. RTTS is vastly improved. I love Sounds of the Show, and how I'm able to make my game sound like a Fox broadcast. Too many glitches. And at times I wonder what the heck they've been doing since last year.

My personal grade is a C+.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » April 12th, 2016, 9:01 pm

I went back and played 15. I think I like that game better. The graphics are sharper for one thing, and it's less glitchy.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 14th, 2016, 7:00 am

Been playing this a bit more lately. I haven't had much time to play this for about a month, ironically, because of the Cubs. Usually I'd be playing Madden this time of year, but 17 is garbage, and the Bears don't exactly have me in the mood for football.

Return to “Now Playing”