Assault Suit Leynos (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Assault Suit Leynos (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 11th, 2016, 11:53 am

Well, this definitely has that classic 16-bit flavor, with its text-driven cut scenes, 2D gameplay, and electronic music. But does it has that 16-bit magic? I'm not convinced. The controls are a bit of an issue. The ability to aim requires the thumbstick, but the ability to dash (just as important) requires the control pad. So what to use?

Also, while this was original a Megadrive game I don't think it was ever released for the Genesis. Kind of a strange choice for a disc release.

eneuman96

Re: Assault Suit Leynos (PS4)

Postby eneuman96 » September 11th, 2016, 12:51 pm

It actually was released for the Genesis under the name Target Earth, which you reviewed and gave a D- to. Does this improve upon the original in any way?

Sonicx9

Re: Assault Suit Leynos (PS4)

Postby Sonicx9 » September 11th, 2016, 1:29 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well, this definitely has that classic 16-bit flavor, with its text-driven cut scenes, 2D gameplay, and electronic music. But does it has that 16-bit magic? I'm not convinced. The controls are a bit of an issue. The ability to aim requires the thumbstick, but the ability to dash (just as important) requires the control pad. So what to use?

Also, while this was original a Megadrive game I don't think it was ever released for the Genesis. Kind of a strange choice for a disc release.

It was released on the Sega Genesis under the name Target Earth: http://videogamecritic.com/gentt.htm?e=78548#rev1389

Return to “Now Playing”