VVVVVV (PS Vita)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
eneuman96

VVVVVV (PS Vita)

Postby eneuman96 » December 14th, 2016, 1:02 am

That title may seem bizarre to those who aren't familiar with this game, but those who are almost unanimously praise it. It's a platformer with Commodore 64-esque graphics where you can't jump: instead, you flip your character's gravity to traverse the extremely treacherous, hazard-laden level design. You are guaranteed to die a lot, but the game rarely feels unfair and there are checkpoints literally all over the place. It only takes a few hours to beat, but it's so well designed that you won't regret the time you spent with it. There are even 18 extra stages referred to as "player levels" included, and though not all are quite as spectacular as the main game, there are some that are very cleverly designed.

The system mentioned in the subject heading is the PS Vita version since that's the one I'm currently playing due to it being a free PS Plus title this month, but it's available for a number of other platforms (refer to Wikipedia to see which ones). I also own it on 3DS, and the Vita version is identical to that one as far as I can tell, other than not having the former's fairly half-assed 3D support.

Atarifever

Re: VVVVVV (PS Vita)

Postby Atarifever » December 14th, 2016, 6:53 pm

The music is incredible in this game. Anyone trying to decide if they need this or not just has to go watch a video of it on youtube with your speakers on. Like Sonic Colours, I think it is a game worth owning solely for the soundtrack, and being attached to an incredible game is just icing on the cake.

Return to “Now Playing”