Pinball Quest (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Pinball Quest (NES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 28th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Not only does this cart offer three tables (pop, golf, circus), but it also has a cool RPG mode with its own set of medieval-style stages. There is a lot of play value here. Might be a "hidden gem" candidate.

Retro STrife

Re: Pinball Quest (NES)

Postby Retro STrife » January 29th, 2017, 11:09 am

I bought this game a few months back. Before then, I had never heard of it. But I was combing through a stack of NES games at a pawn shop and the name "Pinball Quest" immediately caught my attention. It instantly sounds like a combo-genre game. I googled the game on my phone and found that it was, so I figured I had to buy it for the uniqueness alone. (Side note: How did we shop for retro games before smartphones to google for prices and game info? I don't miss those days.)

I only got around to playing it for like 15 minutes and wasn't too impressed. The concept was unique, but standing alone, neither the pinball nor the adventure/RPG aspects were that good. But again, in fairness, I didn't give it much time.

Pin-Bot would be another good pinball game to review for the NES. I haven't played it since I was a kid, so I can't weigh in on whether it's any good, but my dad played it tons back then and it attempts to replicate the actual Pin-Bot pinball machine that was popular in the '80s.

Return to “Now Playing”