Bugs Bunny Double Trouble (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Bugs Bunny Double Trouble (Genesis)

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 26th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Oh dear. I found this on my shelf and realized I had not reviewed it yet. I was pretty excited to play it, but it is the absolute worst. I can only surmise the over-complicated stages were designed by a bunch of executives sitting in a conference room. Absolutely miserable game.

Rev

Re: Bugs Bunny Double Trouble (Genesis)

Postby Rev » February 26th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I remember playing this game and renting it from Blockbuster as a kid... Worst weekend ever. I couldn't even figure out how to make it past the first few stages. If I remember right the graphics were fairly good at least but otherwise the game was terrible.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » February 27th, 2017, 12:05 am

Yeah I bought this a couple years back with high hopes thanks to the box art and gameplay images on the back of the box. The game has nice cartoon graphics and based on the box art I am assuming the game has a nice roster of famous enemies from the old cartoons, including Gossamer, Marvin the Martian and the Bull. Of course, for all I know that's just what they show on the box and the game is just a single level, because I never made it past the first stage. It is just awful.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » August 15th, 2017, 8:10 pm

I just got done playing this game for the first time. And it'll be the last time I'll sit down and play it. Simply put, it's a mess.

It's utterly mind boggling as to why most of the games based on characters from the classic Warner Brothers cartoons ended up being so terrible. And quite frankly, it's a real darn shame.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » August 16th, 2017, 8:26 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Oh dear. I found this on my shelf and realized I had not reviewed it yet. I was pretty excited to play it, but it is the absolute worst. I can only surmise the over-complicated stages were designed by a bunch of executives sitting in a conference room. Absolutely miserable game.

Which game do you think is worse? This one or Taz-Mania?

ESauce

Postby ESauce » August 17th, 2017, 11:21 am

I know you didn't ask me, but I think Bugs Bunny: Double Trouble is much worse than Taz Mania.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » August 18th, 2017, 6:51 pm

ESauce wrote:I know you didn't ask me, but I think Bugs Bunny: Double Trouble is much worse than Taz Mania.

I'm gonna say Taz mania is worse. Just because of that God awful mine cart level. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I came close to tossing that game through a plate glass window because of that level. very frustrating, to say the very least...

Return to “Now Playing”