Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Postby Herschie » March 9th, 2017, 12:31 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Okay, here's the big question: Is this better than The Witcher 3? I bought that game because everybody was screaming about it being the best open world RPG ever made, but I was severely underwhelmed by it. Not a bad game, but not the religious experience everyone said it would be. Will Breath of the Wild be able to satisfy me better?

Absolutely, 100%, most definitely, yes. The Witcher 3 went back after a few days, whereas my copy of BotW will never see Gamestop again. Two totally different experiences.

eneuman96

Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Postby eneuman96 » March 9th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Herschie wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:Okay, here's the big question: Is this better than The Witcher 3? I bought that game because everybody was screaming about it being the best open world RPG ever made, but I was severely underwhelmed by it. Not a bad game, but not the religious experience everyone said it would be. Will Breath of the Wild be able to satisfy me better?

Absolutely, 100%, most definitely, yes. The Witcher 3 went back after a few days, whereas my copy of BotW will never see Gamestop again. Two totally different experiences.

Seconded. I had the same experience as both of you with The Witcher 3 where I simply could not get into it no matter how hard I tried and no matter how many rave reviews I read about it. Breath of the Wild is a much snappier and user-friendly game and I suspect it will age better in the coming years as well.

Return to “Now Playing”