River City Ransom Underground (Steam)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Crummylion

River City Ransom Underground (Steam)

Postby Crummylion » March 18th, 2017, 1:27 am

I was playing the recently released River City Ransom Underground and despite the mixed reactions it got, it might be my all time favorite game.

Two major problems I had so far were the lack of official controller support (no game devs, you shouldn't tell consumers to download third party software :x ) and an iffy online multiplayer (the game's really fun with multiplayer though.)

Everything else range from meh to hell yeah! It's pretty much a fairly improved River City Ransom with a world map, new mechanics, new combos, and unique characters. Never was a fan of grinding and dying but I found ways to get over it and kept playing the game. When multiplayer works, it's hectic joy! There's also an easter egg where you get a boss fight if you punch a teacher (the boss itself was the most surprising moment I had in a long time.) :mrgreen:

Btw, I'm not a huge fan of the OST. Its got a nice tune but isn't too catchy. What do you think? :| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7EtSgjWxno

I am a fan of beat em ups and this made for a great treat. :) Needed a few more touches though.

velcrozombie

Re: River City Ransom Underground (Steam)

Postby velcrozombie » March 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Definitely going to get this, flaws or not. I was tracking the Kickstarter for this game for a while but I eventually gave up. Nice to see that it finally came out - it looks amazing. It looks like the developers are still in the early stages of patching the game so I'll probably give it another month or two.

Return to “Now Playing”