Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Retrology

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS)

Postby Retrology » March 29th, 2017, 6:15 pm

It's been 8 years since I purchased this game (damn...), I decided to revisit it. It's held up really well!

Like other Mario and Luigi games (RPG), Bowser's Inside Story is loaded with charm, from the humor to the graphics. Bowser is the main (playable) character, and it's a lot of fun battling as him. I love using the Mario Bros to activate certain body parts (no that's NOT what I meant) to help solve puzzles with Bowser.

There's also a sheer amount of variety in terms of gameplay, with loads of new gameplay elements that you'll never know what's coming next. One of the standouts is a 2D shooter where you'll activate pulses to revive Bowser in certain spots.

I really don't have any big criticisms for this one, outside the controls for Giant Bowser battles. This is a really fun RPG even for novices of the genre filled with collectibles, secrets and variety.

Sut

Re: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS)

Postby Sut » April 1st, 2017, 4:33 pm

You reminded me I have this game somewhere never really played as it didn't grab my attention quickly enough. Will have to give it another go.

Return to “Now Playing”