The last of us. ps3

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
evergreen13

Re: The last of us. ps3

Postby evergreen13 » May 2nd, 2017, 1:12 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:No idea. Something wrong with the disc reader. It'll spin the disc around, make a clicking sound, and nothing will happen.

I'm a long time lurker here that just registered to share with you that I have the exact same problem with my PS3, but I also have a solution for you! This sounds crazy, but prop the front end of your PS3 up a bit, putting like 3 or 4 DVD/game cases under it or something before you pop a game in. You kind of want it it tilted at about a 40 degree angle. On my PS3, it's usually fine once the game loads up, but your mileage may vary. I hope this helps you!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 2nd, 2017, 8:15 pm

It is a game that sucks you in. The longer you play it the better it gets. Also the better the characterisation. Also I got used to the hand sticks and that really helped. So it was really good in the end.. B plus to maybe an A. Depending on my mood because the story was just so good.

Tron

Postby Tron » May 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm

I gave this game on the PS4 a shot, but didn't last long. Graphics are about as good as they get. The story is awesome, but I don't like long winded stories in video games. I like the action to tell the story. Stories are for books and movies. I planned on giving it another shot, but went on to Resident Evil 4, Skyrim and now Xcom 2. I think I was looking for an open world sandbox game and this wasn't it.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 18th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Recently started playing the Remastered version, and this game is fantastic.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 26th, 2017, 1:28 pm

evergreen13 wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:No idea. Something wrong with the disc reader. It'll spin the disc around, make a clicking sound, and nothing will happen.

I'm a long time lurker here that just registered to share with you that I have the exact same problem with my PS3, but I also have a solution for you! This sounds crazy, but prop the front end of your PS3 up a bit, putting like 3 or 4 DVD/game cases under it or something before you pop a game in. You kind of want it it tilted at about a 40 degree angle. On my PS3, it's usually fine once the game loads up, but your mileage may vary. I hope this helps you!

DaHeckIzDat, I'm just curious, did you ever get to try this out and, if so, did it help the issue?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Retro STrife wrote:DaHeckIzDat, I'm just curious, did you ever get to try this out and, if so, did it help the issue?

I have not tried it. I'm a little hesitant to buy a game that I might not get to play if this doesn't work. I have a PS4 now, so if I want to play TLoU I'll just do it on there.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 26th, 2017, 1:37 pm

It's been a couple years since I've played Last of Us, but I did play it through to completion and really enjoyed it. Best game since Bioshock in my opinion. My take on the issues that some people have with this game is that they are being impatient and want to play it like an action game...i.e., grab their gun, run in and kill everything, and move on to the next area. I feel like that's not how the game was designed to be played. Personally, I would come upon a new area, access where all the enemies were, and then strategize the best way to kill everything. Often, that meant a stealth approach rather than just rushing around everywhere. It adds a real mental component to the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think many people who dislike this game just don't have the patience for it.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » June 26th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Wow, and I thought my dad had a tough time trying to start the lawnmower!

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » June 29th, 2017, 11:08 am

Is the DLC worth it?

Had been thinking of just holding off until I buy a PS4 someday and buy the remaster, but I see that the expansion is 50% off at the moment on the PS3 (Now $5).

Rev

Postby Rev » June 30th, 2017, 6:11 pm

I really loved the left behind DLC. It adds some extra meat to the game and I was such a fan of the game I really wanted every extra I could. The Last of Us Remaster you can buy new at Walmart for $19 but you can enjoy the game without the extra story.

Return to “Now Playing”