Ultra Street Fighter II (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ultra Street Fighter II (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2017, 4:17 pm

I had never played Street Fighter II HD before (it was download only) and I can't believe that was released way back in 2008!

Since I missed out, this cart is definitely worth it for me ($40). The new visuals are certainly easy on the eyes, even it they do occasionally undermine the collision detection. I like how there's a real arcade mode, and I could actually rank in and enter my initials. I thought Capcom had lost that technology long ago!

Playing with the Joy-Con takes some getting used to. The analog stick is... well... an analog stick... and those four button below it are a lousy substitute for a d-pad. Is there a joystick available for the Switch?

eneuman96

Re: Ultra Street Fighter II (Switch)

Postby eneuman96 » May 27th, 2017, 7:35 pm

www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/0 ... -july/amp/

Long story short, there's an arcade controller coming out for the Switch, but it isn't out yet and it'll be very pricey.

Speaking of pricey, I've heard that this port is overpriced when taking into account what it has to offer, especially considering HD Remix is a mere $15 and this is a 26-year-old game we're talking about.

Retro STrife

Re: Ultra Street Fighter II (Switch)

Postby Retro STrife » May 28th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Try as I might, I've never been able to appreciate any version of Street Fighter II, despite trying many versions. It doesn't help that I completely suck at it, and getting beat up constantly by the CPU isn't much fun.

But more so, I wanted to reply to echo eneuman's comment about cost--I don't know what exactly is on that cart, but $40 sounds really steep for a game that must have been much cheaper as a download. Sounds like Capcom is taking advantage of the Switch being in launch status still and not having many good games. I feel like that couldn't fly later in a console's life.

Return to “Now Playing”