Oil's Well (Colecovision)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Oil's Well (Colecovision)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 9th, 2017, 5:56 pm

I remember playing this on my Atari computer back in the day, and thinking it was pretty good.

At first this game looks like a Pac-Man clone - and an awkward one at that. You're little "eater" is attached to the top of the screen by a line, moving through an underground maze chomping white dots. Can't let critters touch your line. You move forward but holding in the button reels him in.

Once you get a feel for it however this game has a nice risk-versus-reward dynamic. And it's really a lot different from Pac-Man. I can't recall another game quite like this.

Teddybear

Re: Oil's Well (Colecovision)

Postby Teddybear » July 10th, 2017, 7:38 am

This is an unique (and very underrated) game that I have sometimes wondered if you were going to ever review.

mbd36

Re: Oil's Well (Colecovision)

Postby mbd36 » July 15th, 2017, 12:24 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I remember playing this on my Atari computer back in the day, and thinking it was pretty good.

At first this game looks like a Pac-Man clone - and an awkward one at that. You're little "eater" is attached to the top of the screen by a line, moving through an underground maze chomping white dots. Can't let critters touch your line. You move forward but holding in the button reels him in.

Once you get a feel for it however this game has a nice risk-versus-reward dynamic. And it's really a lot different from Pac-Man. I can't recall another game quite like this.

I guess the title is supposed to be an awful pun? Oil's well that ends well.

Return to “Now Playing”