Barbie NES

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Rookie1

Barbie NES

Postby Rookie1 » July 16th, 2017, 7:55 am

Picked this game up yesterday and me and my GF gave it a shot last night. This game is a mess, but we were addicted to it. The controls suck, the platforming is horrible, the music is ear piercing, but we couldnt put it down. Its super short, takes maybe 20 minutes to beat, and after a single playthrough you will be able to power your way through it on a single life every time. I will say that I cant beat the final stage though. I must have played it 25 times and just cant get it. You have to jump across music notes and spinning records, and if you fall a conveyor belt takes you all the back to the start. I got as far as the last jump when I fell and it sent me back. I rage quit an called it a night. I need to beat it though, so I will give it another try tonight.

Rev

Re: Barbie NES

Postby Rev » July 16th, 2017, 11:16 am

Understand that! Playing terrible games can actually be a lot of fun and a different kind of challenge. Can you beat the terrible controls and poor stage designs? Kind of why I like dragons lair on nes. Best of luck! Beat it. :D

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » July 17th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Rev wrote:Understand that! Playing terrible games can actually be a lot of fun and a different kind of challenge. Can you beat the terrible controls and poor stage designs? Kind of why I like dragons lair on nes. Best of luck! Beat it. :D

I just purchased Dragons Lair for the NES. Thats on my list of games to play.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » July 18th, 2017, 7:40 pm

This was one of a handful of games that my wife had along with her childhood NES. My wife could never beat that last level either. Stick with it and I promise you that the musical note/conveyer belt level can be beaten. I can't say that the ending is overly memorable, but that might be the decade or so in between now and the first/last time I beat it. Or it may just not be overly memorable.

Return to “Now Playing”