Quake II (Nintendo 64)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Retrology

Quake II (Nintendo 64)

Postby Retrology » September 29th, 2017, 6:14 pm

I got this game not expecting much (since it's a port), but damn I love this game! Not only is it better than Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in my opinion, it's one of the best first person shooters period.

The game is fast paced, intense and runs at a ridiculously fast and smooth frame rate. I love weapons such as the super shotgun and chain gun, and it's so much fun to explore each level and find hidden areas and items (which the Gabe conveniently tracks!). The claustrophobic sci-fi atmosphere is stunning, with great environments and awesome ambient music.

The best part is the game is extremely well designed, programmed, and fun. You'll need different strategies to beat each enemy, and that makes combat fresh. There's no checkpoints, but the levels are really short and fascinating. It's a challenging game, but the controls are fantastic and make navigating a breeze.

As of now I really love Quake II on the N64. Thoughts?

Stalvern

Re: Quake II (Nintendo 64)

Postby Stalvern » September 29th, 2017, 9:44 pm

If you like Quake II on the N64, try the original PC Quake. Still the best (single-player) FPS after 21 years (best multiplayer is Quake III).

Return to “Now Playing”