Cuphead (Xbox One)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Cuphead (Xbox One)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 22nd, 2018, 7:34 pm

Any chance this gets released on physical media?

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » June 22nd, 2018, 11:29 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Any chance this gets released on physical media?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it. The game has already received a "physical release" that consisted of a case with a download code and an art cell from the game. I have no idea why - I'd think that they'd be limiting the amount of potential purchases (and this game has already sold over two million copies). I've heard in the past that Microsoft has charged independent developers exorbitant fees for putting their games through a mandatory recertification process - maybe making the game available on disc would have required this and the digital code release was a way around that (I could totally wrong here - if anyone else knows more, please leave a reply)? Limited Run Games doesn't seem to do releases for the Xbone, either.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 23rd, 2018, 4:51 am

I haven't heard any plans for a physical release either. I wouldn't rule it out, but even if it does ever happen I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Plus, like velcrozombie noted, the game is an Xbox One exclusive on consoles, and it seems like Limited Run Games and a lot of the similar small publishers aren't making Xbox One games. IMO your best bet is to just bite the bullet with the download.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 18th, 2020, 8:33 am

Any plans to review?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 18th, 2020, 8:45 am

It's also available on the Nintendo Switch.

My hunch is the critic gives it a D.

The art work is phenomenal but it's freaking hard even on Easy. You'll hit a wall and that's that at least for me on the run and gun stages. The shooting stages I can muster through but the run and gun get me everytime. I love the art style and would give it a B rating for that alone.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 18th, 2020, 11:35 am

I wouldn't review it unless it was on physical.

I actually played it over a friends house and I was not impressed.

Return to “Now Playing”