Minecraft Tell tale game on Xb1

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
GameOfThrones

Minecraft Tell tale game on Xb1

Postby GameOfThrones » December 12th, 2017, 7:58 pm

I really liked the original game. As do a long of people kids and the like.

So my friends boy really likes minecraft and he is young. So I saw the tell tale adventure cheap and thought I would get it for him and play it myself. I like minecraft so this game should be so awesome? Should be the correct thing to say. The thing about MC is it is a game where you do just what you like. I knew it was going to be linear. It is and this one is so wordy it is totally boring.

I actually put it on and let it talk to itself and then play the 15 minutes of game each level. Each level is two hours long but one hour 45 mins is talking. When you are playing the game is it quite good fun. I would probably say a D-. When it is talking I would give it an F. The plot is boring and seems to be aimed at 5 year olds.

If you have kids and they like minecraft it is worth having. If you do not have kids it is probably on the whole rubbish. I give it an F.

ESauce

Re: Minecraft Tell tale game on Xb1

Postby ESauce » December 14th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Have you played any other TellTale games? It seems like maybe you didn’t know what you were in for if you’re criticizing it for being wordy. Those games are best described as the video game equivalent of choose your own adventure novels. They made a Game of Thrones one I suspect you may enjoy, if you can learn to like the gameplay (or lack of it).

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » December 14th, 2017, 6:51 pm

ESauce wrote:Have you played any other TellTale games? It seems like maybe you didn’t know what you were in for if you’re criticizing it for being wordy. Those games are best described as the video game equivalent of choose your own adventure novels. They made a Game of Thrones one I suspect you may enjoy, if you can learn to like the gameplay (or lack of it).

This will be my 5th
Walking dead one and two on both 360 and the 1 Very good but the second one was too dour.
A DC fairy tale game the wolf amongst us. Very good.
Tales from the borderlands. Funny ha ha like the second game, the humour got on my nerves after a while.
and now this..
and I played the first level of got. I enjoyed it but as I have said I have grown a bit tired of the format. I should not be expecting too much after all the game is aimed at 7 year olds.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » December 15th, 2017, 9:48 am

Ah. Well i have never played Minecraft but if I ever do now I know to avoid the telltale game. Thanks for the impressions.

I personally don’t think I could get tired of the tellale games. They’re perfect for my wife and I to play because when life interrupts (constantly) it’s easy to pause without worrying about dying the moment I unpause.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » January 3rd, 2018, 12:23 am

Always love the tell tale games ! There are still a few I need to get. My question is if you have played the others by them and you knew what to expect, then why complain? Not meaning that to sound rude in any way, but had to point that out. Ozzy

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 6th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Ozzybear wrote:Always love the tell tale games ! There are still a few I need to get. My question is if you have played the others by them and you knew what to expect, then why complain? Not meaning that to sound rude in any way, but had to point that out. Ozzy

The story is mine numbing.
The game itself is feeble but I felt more engaged by the Wolf and Walking. Okay WD2 was too dour. A great game and I thinkthe walking dead games are better than the tv series.

I gubbed Tales from the borderland recently which was really good until Handsome Jack got involved too much. Which of course was the problem with Borderlands 2.

I still have Back to the future to play.

Minecraft was the worst.
I have answered your question indirectly.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » January 7th, 2018, 3:14 am

WAs just asking , no more , no less.

Return to “Now Playing”