Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (N64)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (N64)

Postby Herschie » March 20th, 2018, 10:45 am

I love how simple this game is and how easy the controls are to grasp. Also neat is the comedic tone of the game. Plus, the matches are short, so this is something I can play in ten minutes if I have somewhere to be.

Only thing is, I hate when they make my opponent a woman. Just doesn't feel right hitting a woman.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (N64)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 21st, 2018, 10:39 pm

Yeah things have changed a LOT.
You have to wonder if that game was released now if it would be banned and pulled from the shelves.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » March 22nd, 2018, 9:31 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Yeah things have changed a LOT.
You have to wonder if that game was released now if it would be banned and pulled from the shelves.

I don't hear any real uproar about women being in fighting games (apart from some complaints about the skimpiness of some of their outfits). You can graphically tear female characters apart in the recent Mortal Kombat games and the Injustice games have moves that, while more family-friendly in their presentation, are quite brutal. Would a goofy arcade-style boxing game with cartoonish graphics really ruffle the feathers of anyone except the most extreme Tumblr stereotype?

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 27th, 2018, 12:36 pm

I think with these other fighting games, the fights don't appear to be scheduled. But what male boxer would want to have a fight scheduled with a woman?

Return to “Now Playing”