Prey Xbone

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
GameOfThrones

Prey Xbone

Postby GameOfThrones » April 16th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Supposedly a sequel to prey on the 360. It features none of the same characters and locations.

Warning 20 gig update for this game.

So far the graphics have been superb and the game play is great.

GameOfThrones

Re: Prey Xbone

Postby GameOfThrones » April 23rd, 2018, 4:48 am

The first prey is everything that this game is not. Original, fun charming.

I am playing the find the key card game. Then find the switch to turn off the gas main. Then find the neuromods to shift the furniture.

This says it is a fps. Though really it is a rpg fps hybrid. Like dishonoured it is has loads of good ideas but unlike D it just does not play that well.

I can see why this game sank without a trace. Though it is still better than battle bore.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 27th, 2018, 8:54 am

About 10 hours in the game started to get better. A lot like Shadow Man on the dreamcast. It starts off you have no idea where you are and what your are doing. I long for the days of a good manual to explain things. To set the scene but I think I am out of luck.
Next up we get the 20 hour realisation that this is a RPG. I shooting mechanic is so off to make this a SF rpg but not an sf fps.

It has that feeling of Bioshock. That Milton's paradise lost that I like so much. A world on the brink of destruction. That feeling you can save it or destroy it. Also Fallout 3 had it but F4 lacked it.

30 hours in the game is what I like. Things to do. The right amount of life not to die at a couple of punches, ray gun blasts. Plenty of puzzles left to discover. Plenty of things to wonder at.

Calling it Prey was a bad idea as it has nothing to do with the original game. It is a good to a very good game. I just wish they had marketed as a RPG.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » May 18th, 2018, 5:46 pm

So after absolutely loathing the game for 25 hours I turned out to totally love it. I beat it twice and thoroughly enjoyed both times. An A plus game but it has a steep beginning.

Return to “Now Playing”