God of War PS4

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
newmodelarmy

God of War PS4

Postby newmodelarmy » April 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm

I am huge fan of the God of War series. God of War 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. So as a big fan (did I mention that?) how does God of War on the PS4 fare? Pretty dang good if you ask me! The combat is different, more strategic and prodding then in the past games. However it is just as intense. Your main weapon is an ax and it is very satisfying to pummel your foes. I am only about 4 hours into it and I am having a good time. Some reviewers have given it a perfect "10". I am not sure about that but it is definitely "A" material in my opinion. Anybody else checking this game out???

Sut

Re: God of War PS4

Postby Sut » April 30th, 2018, 3:26 pm

This game has caught my attention but I’ve not played any of the other games and I can be a bit anal about playing a series from the beginning

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 30th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Sut wrote:This game has caught my attention but I’ve not played any of the other games and I can be a bit anal about playing a series from the beginning

This is a "reimagining" of the series. It has basically nothing to do with the previous games.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » May 1st, 2018, 2:39 pm

It ties in with the other games, if you don’t need to play the others to understand what’s going on!

JWK

Postby JWK » May 1st, 2018, 9:03 pm

I’ve been playing God of War (PS4) a lot since I got it at launch. It’s amazing. It’s a mix of a lot of other popular games; The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Assassins Creed. But what it lacks in ingenuity it makes up for in polish and style. The game looks and plays amazingly well and has a story that you actually care about. I’m a fan of GoW as a series (I’ve finished every game) but even I have to admit the setting and lore always outshone the story and Kratos as a character. The change of setting to Norse mythology is refreshing and this is the reboot the series needed. I highly recommend to fans of modern action/adventure games.

Btw: I’m at the Lake of Nine after the water has partially drained. I’ve done a lot of side quests, done a LOT of exploring and leveling up gear, but still have played a lot of the main story, too.

womentake

Postby womentake » May 3rd, 2018, 10:42 am

Played about an hour n half and it's brilliant so far. Glad the combat doesn't suck as that was my biggest worry. Atreus keeps giving me grief every time I get side tracked with exploring. :D Cheers, Womentake.
Last edited by womentake on May 11th, 2018, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 3rd, 2018, 9:40 pm

Boy!

JWK

Postby JWK » May 6th, 2018, 4:41 pm

I finished God of War last night.

Ho. Ly. Crap.

Absolutely amazing. Perfect blend of satisfying gameplay, intriguing characters and story, and cutting edge graphics to create a game that pushes both its genre forward as well as 8th generation gaming in general.

It’s an A+ for me and easily the best God of War game ever. I’d also venture to say it’s on a very short list of the best modern action/adventure games I’ve played. For the 8th gen, I’d still put it behind NieR: Automata, Doom 2016 and Persona 5, but it’s still a candidate for Game of the Generation for me.

Sut

Postby Sut » February 8th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Finally got round to playing this, for a modern game this is surprisingly tough.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » February 8th, 2019, 11:32 pm

I love the God of war games and got this and started playing it , and what I've played of it was great , but took a break and got into something else and currently working on dark siders 3 , which is very much worth checking out ! As soon as I finish dark siders in gonna jump back into God of war and start it over and look forward to getting back into it !!

Return to “Now Playing”