Doom (4) on Switch

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
wur

Doom (4) on Switch

Postby wur » May 13th, 2018, 8:40 pm

This isn't bad. I got it on PC on a Steam sale but the constantly blowing laptop fan, extreme load times, and fact that I had to be persistently connected to the internet were deal-breakers.

This version of Doom (4) *urges* you to connect to the internet for some absurdly large download, but if you leave your Switch offline you can avoid the downloads and just play the game. (You can just choose "cancel" when it says "please connect to the internet")

All in all it's pretty solid. Same game and feel as on PC/X1/ps4 without the annoyances and slightly worse graphics / blurrier textures. It's very fast and works well with the switch controllers so it works extremely well as a portable game. When I get around to downloading the 8gb (!!) of content after i'm done with the campaign i'll post something on the multiplayer.

ESauce

Re: Doom (4) on Switch

Postby ESauce » May 16th, 2018, 3:13 pm

I couldn’t play this with the joycons; I found the joysticks really uncomfortable. But I think it’s great with the pro controller. The multiplayer is okay, nothing special, but the single player is really well done.

Return to “Now Playing”