Owlboy (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Rev

Owlboy (PS4)

Postby Rev » July 2nd, 2018, 7:25 pm

Just finished Owlboy for the PS4.I had been waiting for this one to get a physical release for a while and it finally got one in June. Overall, I really liked the game and thought it was a pretty fun game. The graphics and personality were A+. The gameplay was also pretty unique with the main character carrying his comrades and having them use their unique weapons to navigate through the stages. The game also is nice for completionists with Buccanary Coins and Golden Disks sprinkled out throughout the game.

I think the only thing I didn't like about the game was 1.) it crashed a lot due to some bug 2.) felt a little slow at points.

I was surprised that the game crashed so often. I found 1 point where the game was guaranteed to crash and then the game also died like 6-7 times throughout the rest of the game.For an indie title that was surprising, since the game definitely wasn't pushing the hardware.

Despite that, I really enjoyed the game and thought it was worth the purchase. B+.

ActRaiser

Re: Owlboy (PS4)

Postby ActRaiser » July 2nd, 2018, 7:34 pm

Because I'm now a video game wuss with little time I'll ask an embarrassing question. Is there an easy option? I was tempted to pick it up for the Switch today but held off.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 2nd, 2018, 11:46 pm

Hmmm... No, there is only one difficulty for the game however it is not a difficult game by any means. You can even skip going out of your way to collect coins/disks and be just fine. To get all the items minus the Spektor Cloak (your reward for collecting all the coins) you only need to collect like 60% of the coins which most you can find with little effort. For the most part, the bosses are all pretty easy and I think I might have died like 5-10 times in total throughout the entire game, with most of those deaths coming from purposely killing myself trying to find coins.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 3rd, 2018, 8:47 am

Sweet, I'll add it to my list the next time I hit up Best Buy. Thanks!

Return to “Now Playing”