Call of Duty 2 (360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Luke

Call of Duty 2 (360)

Postby Luke » September 9th, 2011, 3:28 am

I just finished Call of Duty Classic (aka CoD1) last night. So I decided to go ahead and jump right into the next one.

Right away during the training mission, I noticed that the game still retained the great controls and sounds from the first game but also sported some impressive new graphics. So I'm excited thinking "Awesome, this sequel may be better than the first game," which I loved.

But then I finally got into battle and... "Hey, where did the health bar go??" Then I take a couple hits from a sniper and the screen blinks red saying "You are hurt. Take cover" and I'm like "Nooooo... not this stupid regenerating health crap, I HATE THAT!"

Ugh. I'm still going to play through this game and try to enjoy it. But man, what a disappointment! These fps war games are so much more interesting when you have to rely on good strategy and an scarce amount of health packs to make it through a level.

And another thing, I'm noticing WAY more checkpoints as well. But then, I am playing on "Regular" difficulty. Do I need to move up to "Hardened?"

Return to “Now Playing”