Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
MoonMetropolis

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » October 10th, 2011, 2:32 pm

This is a surprisingly good third-person shooter.  While a standard array of guns are available to you, the real fun comes from using the glaive, a fictional weapon from the 1983 film Krull.  It's rather impressive that one could make a solid game based on a weapon from an obscure '80s film nobody's ever heard of.  Using the blade-like, boomerang-like weapon, you can literally chop your opponents to pieces, which led to the game being banned by the ridiculously inconsistent Australian ratings board.  Personally, I find it most fun to do "power throws" (throwing the glaive at just the right time) and then use "afterTouch" (controlling the direction of the glaive in slow-motion) to slice the enemies up.  The game requires a large amount of strategy as well, so it's nice that the cover system works effectively.  The storyline makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, though.

Has anyone else played this?  You can find it for very cheap and it's definitely worth it.

Michael Prymula

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby Michael Prymula » October 10th, 2011, 7:27 pm

I had fun with this games myself, that final boss sure is a killer though!

Truthfulpietro1

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby Truthfulpietro1 » October 15th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Considering that Dark Sector is made by the same people that made Dream Trigger 3DS. I'm wondering if I should try it?

MoonMetropolis

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » October 15th, 2011, 6:20 pm

I haven't played Dream Trigger, but Dark Sector is definitely worth a try.  You can find it for less than 4 dollars used.

JWK1

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby JWK1 » October 15th, 2011, 6:30 pm

I like third person shooters a lot, in fact probably more than FPS games.  And the $5 price tag was very enticing, but I didn't really enjoy this game too much.  It definitely has its fans though.  I ended up taking my copy back after a couple of days of playing.  Vanquish is a much better example of a great current gen TPS that isn't Uncharted or Gears of War.  Just my opinion.

MoonMetropolis

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » October 16th, 2011, 7:42 pm

The glaive element is what makes it worthwhile.  Without the glaive, it would've just been another generic TPS.

JustLikeHeaven1

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 16th, 2011, 11:31 pm

I remember downloading the demo for this one.  I played it for about an hour or so and found it to be pretty forgettable.  I like third person shooters more than FPS...and the Glaive weapon seemed awesome...however I lost interest in the demo.  Probably not a good sign.

MoonMetropolis

Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » October 17th, 2011, 1:12 pm

You are given more powers as the game progresses.  Like, for example, a temporary shield, the power to become invisible, ect.

Return to “Now Playing”