Crysis (FPS for PC)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Edward1

Crysis (FPS for PC)

Postby Edward1 » October 18th, 2011, 12:06 am

Crysis was released in 2007.   I bought it around the time, but it was a bit much for my GeForce 8800gts.  It could play it medium detail with some bad slowdown.  Now I found a Radeon HD 6870 video card I found on sale, and I can play it in Very High detail at 1080p with very little slowdown. 

Now I can see its an amazing game, with huge open levels.  You can take either a Rambo or a stealth approach, and both will work really well.   The Jungle levels just look fantastic.   Its too bad it took so long for PCs to come out that could really make this game shine.

You have a suit in the game that regenerates health, lets you jump over 10 feet in the air, run insanely fast,and go invisible.   In short, this game does a better job of making you feel like The Predator than any Alien vs Predator game has ever done.  The Physics are great, and there are some fun vehicles to drive like tanks and a jeep with a machine gun thats great for mowing down enimies.

In short, this is one of the greatest FPS I have ever played.   A port just came out for Xbox 360 and PS3. Its available as a download for 20 bucks.  I believe its the single player game only, but its a great single player campaigned.   I heard its a solid port, with slightly worse graphics, but if you dont have a good enough PC for Crysis, try it out on a console.  This game has really surprised me, and really is more than just a graphical showpiece.

Return to “Now Playing”