Rage (PS3)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
CoyT

Rage (PS3)

Postby CoyT » January 9th, 2012, 10:55 pm

I bought this game a few days ago, and I'm very impressed. As of late, most of my gaming time had been dedicated to sports titles, so I was in the mood for a good FPS. The main draw for me was the fact that it was developed by the creators of Doom and Wolfenstein, and while the game isn't revolutionary like those series', Rage is still a stunning entry in the genre. I love the frantic nature of the gunplay, and the racing, RPG and exploration aspects are handled very well.

So far, my only problems with the game are its weak storyline and graphics. The textures can take a while to load, which detracts from the gorgeous landscape. But overall, I'm loving Rage, and I can't wait to pick up the controller again and get lost in its post-apocalyptic world.

Anyone else playing this game? I have read some very positive and very negative reviews on Amazon, so I'm curious as to what the VGC readers think of it.

Luke

Rage (PS3)

Postby Luke » January 10th, 2012, 2:10 am

Does the PS3 version have a mandatory or optional install?

The reason I ask is because I've heard that it comes highly recommended that people install the Xbox 360 version of the game so that the textures load quicker because they somehow "stream in real-time" or something like that.

Btw, next time I'm on PSN I'll probably download the demo.

CoyT

Rage (PS3)

Postby CoyT » January 10th, 2012, 2:35 am

The installation was mandatory. It took about twenty minutes, but the textures still take quite a while to load.

You can walk up to a wall or object, and it sometimes takes a good three to five seconds for all the details to show up. Kinda takes you out of the experience, you know?

Return to “Now Playing”