Rampage: The Movie

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

Rampage: The Movie

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 17th, 2017, 6:24 pm

You guys remember Battleship? The board game that Hollywood decided to turn into an action movie about invading aliens? And it didn't even have the decency to be tongue in cheek about it? Well, they decided to do the same thing to Rampage now. Instead of it being a comedy about people turning into monsters after drinking nuclear soda, it's about animals growing hundreds of feet tall after being exposed to some weird glowing green goo. With no humor to be found. And it has the Rock in it. Can I get a sarcastic yay?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

scotland

Re: Rampage: The Movie

Postby scotland » November 17th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Actually....I'm game for this.

I agree on Battleship movie. What's worse is I have a Battleship video game based on the movie. Why? But Rampage - I am there with my large soda and popcorn.

Its got the Rock, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Manu Bennett, so its got some good fun action stars right there. Plus, the original Rampage video game is basically a kaiju movie to begin with. Giant monsters attack a city! Shriek! Since the whole concept is basically a Godzilla plot, what's not to like here for a popcorn movie?

Plus, the recent Planet of the Apes movies has me stoked for more CGI gorillas. I also saw some humor in that trailer alone. Plus, we are one step closer to Primal Rage movie! So, as Siskel and Ebert used to say, see you at the movies.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 17th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Wow, that looks like garbage. I mean, it looks like an awful movie, but it also just looks bad. I'm not expecting War for the Planet of the Apes here, but you'd think a movie set for release 13 years after the Peter Jackson King Kong might be able to put a half-convincing CG gorilla on the screen.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Gents, one of my fave movies of last year was KONG Skull Island. It made close to $600 000 000. Now where can they get a movie about an ape makes that much, people will look and say I can make a movie as daft as that and still make a bundle of cash. The Rock has got form as he was in Doom.
I saw the trailer and said that looks like a pile of s***. I mean it is of the quality of Sharknado but with possibly 50 times it budget. Well it is going to be truly awful. Though the good thing maybe that they will put the rampage games out again. :D

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » November 29th, 2017, 12:03 pm

I actually want to see this . It looks a lot better than most video game movies so I’ll at least give it a shot !

Return to “Other Media”