The Horror Movie Lovers Thread

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Rev

Re: The Horror Movie Lovers Thread

Postby Rev » February 26th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Watched several horror movies in theaters lately:

Resident Evil The Final Chapter-

I knew this was going to be terrible before even going to theaters but I was still sort of fun experience. I've seen all the other ones so I went in there hoping it would be so bad it's good. I really liked the 5th movies because of that... I hated the huge plot holes this movie created and the fact that the last movie built up to an epic shodown in Washington, but this one starts after that and basically said that Alice was betrayed and that everyone else was dead... but it doesn't show anything. Felt like a huge cop out... This was probably one of my least favorite in the whole series, besides #4 which not only was bad but incredibly boring.

Split-

Wow, this was pretty darn good. M. Night shyamalan made a good movie... There was some weird moments here and there but overall this was one of his best movies and good all around. There is a reason this movie is still selling tickets in theaters, it's a good movie. My only critique is I wish the characters actually spoke like normal people. M Night shyamalan has this weird, poetic, way of making all his characters talk (especially in his newer movies) which doesn't come across as genuine. Still, if you get through that is is a solid movie.

Get Out-

Best horror movie of 2017 thus far. It still has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with like 130+ reviews. This movie is hilarious but also suspenseful and eerie. I wouldn't call the movie scary but it does very well on making the viewer uncomfortable. Loved it.

Return to “Other Media”