Favorite board/card games

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Vexer6

Favorite board/card games

Postby Vexer6 » May 10th, 2015, 11:10 am

So, what's everyone's favorite board and/or card games?

Personally i'm a big fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, used to play that quite a bit back in the day, but alas I no longer have anyone to play it with.

I also enjoyed a good game of Magic The Gathering.

Rev

Re: Favorite board/card games

Postby Rev » May 10th, 2015, 11:35 am

I've gone back and forth between yugioh and magic the gathering for many years. I love coming up with decks and playing with my friends. I don't buy the cards anymore instead I opt for games for yugioh and magic workstation for MTG. Both games have a lot of depth and have hundreds of different kinds of decks you can build.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 15th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Anyone ever try Settlers of Cataan?

I swear my wife wins every time we play this darn game. I've yet to win a match with her. I always tend to focus on one strategy while she ho-hums through all of them and ends up killing me.

It's disgusting...disgusting I tell you!

:) fun though.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 16th, 2015, 8:04 am

We normally play two or three games when we pull it out. If that's the case then we can probably complete each game in about 30-45 minutes.

Yep, it's the wife and I that play it. Because it's the two of us I think anyone can hang in there. With the two of us it seems like the win conditions are accrued by getting various cards that when placed together allow one to win. So, it's somewhat luck and skill. I can't try to win using various options. My wife on the other hand has a knack to focus on all of them and whatever seems to come up toward the end tends to work for her. I always think I'm in this until the final two rounds where I realize, "Oh crap, she did it again."

It's the only game/board game that she'll suggest, "Hey, do you want to play Cataan?" I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact she beats me every single time...

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 16th, 2015, 10:17 pm

I love Yu-Gi-Oh and Cards Against Humanity. Fair warning, Cards Against Humanity is incredibly offensive.

Return to “Other Media”